Monday, February 25, 2008

From my two-year old...

From my two-year old I've learned...

That having a daughter feels like Christmas morning every day
That a person really can survive off of very little sleep and a heck of a lot of caffeine
That the little things in life really are the best things
That patience isn't just a virtue, it's a mandatory requirement to being a parent
That a child's smile or laugh can turn the worst day into the best
That play-doh does come out of carpets if you try hard enough
That there is no better feeling on earth than getting a hug from your child
That it is more important to be a good parent than to be a good anything else
That being a working mom is the hardest yet most rewarding role there is
That no matter how long I live, it won't be enough time with my daughter.

Happy Birthday Sophia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sophia!!!

Carolyn said...

That's beautiful Jess, you made me cry, it's so true.